As a licensed money transfer company, we take compliance and security very seriously. Most new accounts are approved quickly, but we also have programs in place to prevent money laundering and other illicit activities. As such, we have to be proactive in knowing our customers and making sure they don't fall within our list of prohibited businesses.
The following categories of businesses, business practices, and sale items are barred from Wyre Services ("Prohibited Businesses"):
- Operating as an unlicensed money transmitter, money service, payment service provider, e-money, or any other financial services business which requires licensure, including but not limited to exchanges of virtual currencies, sales of money orders or traveler's checks, and escrow services.
- Counterfeit products or any product or service that infringes upon the copyright, trademark, or trade secrets of any third party.
- Stolen goods.
- Narcotics, controlled substances, prescription and pharmaceutical services, drug paraphernalia, or any substances designed to mimic illegal drugs.
- Gambling, except where permitted by and with our prior written permission.
- Sports forecasting or odds-making.
- Violent acts towards self or others, or activities or items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others regarding the same.
- Funding any of the items included on this Prohibited Businesses list.
- Extortion, blackmail, or efforts to induce unearned payments.
- Unlicensed sale of firearms and weapons.
- Deceptive marketing practices.
- Any business that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- Acting in concert with others or through multiple accounts that you control in-order to circumvent per account trading limits.
- You may not use your Account or the Service to engage in the following categories of activity (“Prohibited Use”).
Also by agreeing to our terms, you confirm that you will not use your account to do any of the following:
a. Violating or assisting any party in violating any law, statute, ordinance, regulation or any rule of any self-regulatory or similar organization of which you are or are required to be a member (for example, those laws, rules, or regulations government financial services, controlled substances, or consumer protections)
b. Partake in a transaction which involves the proceeds of any unlawful activity
c. Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information
d. Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or detrimentally interfere with, intercept, or expropriate any system, data or information
e. Interfere with another individual’s or entity’s access to or use of any part of the Services
f. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate or infringe the legal rights of others
g. Publish, distribute or disseminate any unlawful material or information
h. Transmit or upload any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other malicious programs
i. Access the Service through programmatic means
j. Act as a payment intermediary or aggregator or otherwise resell our Services, unless authorized by us in writing
k. Transfer any rights granted to you by us to another party
l. Use another user’s password for any purpose
m. Compromise Accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service through any means
n. Use any Account other than the single Account created with your real identity
o. Partake in any transaction involving online gambling except where permitted and with our prior written permission.
p. Defraud or attempt to defraud us or our members.
q. Infringe our or any third party’s intellectual property.
Prohibited businesses are also listed in our User Agreement, which also includes full details on our terms and conditions. By signing up with Wyre, you are agreeing that you are not participating in any of these activities.