As a regulated money transfer service company operating in the US, we are required to identify users on our platform. This ensures we remain in compliance with FINCEN and AML regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, something that is essential for maintaining our relationships with our payment and banking partners.
- When you first create a Wyre personal account, we request some documents to verify your identity:
- Personal Identification (Passport, Driver License, or State/Country ID)
- *If document is not a passport we need the front and back.
- Personal Details
- Source of Funds (bank statement)
*Note of the bank statement - It must be:
- The one you are going to fund your Wyre account
- In English or translated in English
- NOT zero balance
- NOT a credit card statement
- from a bank but NOT from a third party
- With your name and physical address which matches the one in your personal/party details (If not match, please send us a utility bill or leasing/housing contract for proof of address)
- Within the most recent three months and must be one full month long with active transaction activities.
If no bank statement available, please contact us for help.
For the personal identification, please note:
- ID cannot be expired
- All corners must be visible
- All details are visible and in focus
- Must be in color
- High resolution
- Avoid glares
2. For a Wyre business account, you’ll need:
- Company Details (including registration no., tax ID)
- Company Identification Documents (Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Good Standing or other Proof of Ownership for the company)
- Identification of Beneficial Owners (for all shareholders with over 25% holdings in company)
- Source of Funds (bank statement, tax return or audited financials. The bank statement requirement is the same as the one in individual account above)
Once we have these documents, we can verify your account; usually within 48 hours.
We hate to make you wait, but this is to ensure your safety and that we’re complying with all pertinent laws.
We realize that your information is very sensitive and security is a top priority for us. All customer data is stored on servers using bank-grade encryption and your information is never sold or provided to a third party for promotional purposes.
*An account can be fully rejected if we suspect fraudulent activity such as forged documents or ID theft. We also reserve the right to request additional documents to help verify an account. These measures exist to allow us to better protect our customers from fraud.
Send us an email at [email protected]