💳 Frequently asked questions for Apple Pay, debit/credit card orders
Experiencing any issues or have a few questions while trying to purchase crypto using Apple Pay or debit/credit card? You've come to the right place! Take a look at our most frequently asked questions below:
Why did my order fail?
A payment can fail for a few reasons:
- non-supported US state or country
- an issuing bank declining the authorization
- incorrect or outdated billing information
In any of these cases, we have a few recommendations that might help your next transaction complete processing successfully. We recommend to always:
- Check our geographic restrictions here. Any states or countries that are listed we are not able to currently support transaction processing in that jurisdiction. We keep this list updated and you can expect this list to get shorter!
- Sometimes there are issues with your issuing bank not authorizing your transaction. We recommend contacting your bank card issuer for more information, as you may need to authorize Wyre as a merchant to continue making purchases.
- Keep your billing information updated, including in your Apple Pay profile for the debit/credit card you are using.
Lastly, it is important to note that if your order failed and there are amounts appearing on your statement - these are only temporary authorizations. These will disappear within 2-3 business days.
Why did I receive an error for weekly limit reached?
This message is shown when your 7 day rolling limit has been reached! The weekly limit will be refreshed 7 days from your last purchase amount. Please see our current limits below:
🇺🇸 USA Domestic Limits
$500.00 weekly | $5,000.00 yearly
🌎 International Limits
$1,000.00 weekly | $7,500.00 yearly
Why did I get charged for my order but no crypto was delivered?
In the event that your order has failed we do not charge for your payment attempt. If any transaction amount is reflected on your statement, this is only a temporary authorization rather than a charge.
Any temporary authorizations on your card will be released in 2-3 business days.
Why did my order take so long to process?
Orders submitted through Wyre Checkout usually take less than a minute to authorize and complete. Once an order is completed, it is sent out through the blockchain for delivery.
Please note that it can take up to 30 minutes for the transaction to confirm and be delivered on the blockchain. You may have seen increasingly longer wait times with the Ethereum network, as there have been very high levels of network congestion and higher than normal gas fees.
Am I able to submit my order for reprocessing?
Unfortunately, no. Once an order has failed we are not able to submit it again. A new order must be submitted.