While Wyre takes security measures to ensure your account is always protected, there are some additional steps that we strongly recommend you take to help protect your account from unauthorized access.
What is Multi-Factor Authenticator (MFA)?
Also known as Two-step authenticator, Two-factor authentication (or “2FA”) is a secondary security measure meant to verify your identity before login.
We offer SMS text message and third-party authenticators for MFA. Once enabled, you will automatically receive MFA codes via SMS text message or you will need to input you authenticator codes, when logging in, executing transfers, exchanges and adjusting your security settings.
Enable MFA on Wyre
To enable MFA on your Wyre account, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Wyre account by going to: https://dash.sendwyre.com/sign-in
- Select Your Account > Security: https://dash.sendwyre.com/settings/security
- Choose "SMS link", "SMS code" or "Authenticator" under multi-factor authentication mode.
For SMS link and SMS code
- Provide the cell phone number that you'd like to use. Landlines are are not able to receive SMS text.
- Click Save and a new dialog window will be displayed in your browser to complete verification of the phone number before the security feature is enabled.
If you choose SMS link, you'll have an additional option to lock the device associated with the phone number provided. Choosing to lock the device will install a unique code into the browser on your phone preventing MFA access from any other device.
Third party authenticator (Google Authenticator or Authy)
- Choose "Authenticator" and click Save.
- Five Scratch Codes will pop up on the page. Save these somewhere secure. These can be used to sign-in to your account if you lose access to your Authenticator device. You can only use each code once. Then click Continue.
- Scan the QR code with the Authenticator app on your device or enter the key provided. Then click Continue.
- Enter the code on your app and click Submit.